WHY USE US
People often wonder why they should use our services, and if they do, they are not sure what to expect. Take a look below, as we have tried to explain as much as we can as to why you should use us, and what you can expect if you do. We are very friendly, and we genuinely want to help your business, so if in doubt please just get in touch.
Why Use Us
- Custom spreadsheets and virtual assistance working hand in hand.
- Increase productivity, lighten workload, and automate processes.
- Get more out of your spreadsheets.
- Bespoke software solutions made specifically for your business.
- Passionate and approachable husband and wife team.
- We genuinely want to create the right solution for you.
Read more about this...
We offer our clients more than just spreadsheets, we offer them peace of mind, organisation, productivity and information. We use spreadsheets to accomplish this. Our aim is to assess each project, and decide how we can best serve you and your business. We want to see you achieve more, with less effort, and we believe that our spreadsheets can aid this. A spreadsheet is not our goal, your success is our goal, a spreadsheet is merely the tool to help you overcome challenges in order to achieve that success.
Hopefully by now you have had a look at this website and have discovered what Excel can do! If not, I suggest that you have a look at the links below. If you still need some convincing as to what this means for your company, please don’t hesitate to contact us, we would love to explain.
Most people underestimate what Excel can do, because they base its worth on what they can achieve with it. In our hands, Excel can help any company increase productivity. Most of our clients have had to re-think what they wanted from us, as they underestimated what we could do. Don’t think of Excel as a few columns, but rather think of it as custom business software. Companies spend billions of Pounds on software to help them achieve what they have set out to achieve. No matter who you are, you can’t work as quickly and as accurately as a computer, so most companies use computers to aid staff in their tasks, and to analyse and track their processes. There are many standard products out there, many of which are free, but custom business software is often only available to large businesses who have huge budgets to throw around. They then have the advantage.
We offer this advantage to small and medium sized businesses, by using Excel to create custom business software. When we use the word ‘spreadsheet’ people often limit it to columns and rows. This is a mistake, Excel can do so much more than that in our hands. Take a look at some of our free downloads and the products in our store, but don’t limit us to what you see there, that is merely an indication of what we can do!
Once you have this information and you’re thinking how much a professional Excel spreadsheet (or software package) can help your business, the only question left to answer is, “Why use us?”
We are a small company, which means that dealing with us will mean dealing with the director (Richard Sumner), who can make the relevant decisions. This is his passion, and you can tell that when you talk to him! His wife even bought him an I (heart) spreadsheets mug, because he loves working in Excel so much! You get access to all of this passion, enthusiasm and ingenuity. Richard has worked in various industries and has used Excel to advance companies in those industries and many more… imagine what he can do for you! He has a personal hand in all jobs, most of which are created almost entirely by him. Take a look at our referrals to see what we have done for our clients; why not join the list of satisfied business owners?
- Get in touch with us via your preferred method.
- We’ll contact you to find out more about what you require.
- We can meet (in person or via Skype) if need be.
- We’ll then submit a quote once we understand what you need.
- You can then choose whether or not to accept the quote.
- We won’t bill you for anything until you accept the quote.
Read more about this...
We often get asked about the process of what we do. Once you have contacted us, what happens next? How much will it cost? How long does it take? So here is a standard process layout. Remember, all companies are different and have different requirements, so this is merely an example. Your experience may vary.
1. The first step is for you to contact us to inform us of your interest in our custom made business software. You may have received a marketing email from us, or you have found our website, one of our social media pages or one of our informative articles. Please contact us through any of these means but, if all else fails, you can contact us on the website.
2. We (probably the director, Richard Sumner) will be in touch with you in order to find out what it is that you require. At this point we will more than likely arrange an appointment to see you. This will help us to establish exactly what you require and what we can do to help. This can either be done face to face if you are based in Greater London, or via Skype or Google+ Hangouts if you are further afield. Face to face visits further afield can be arranged, but may be billed.
3. We (most probably Richard) will come and see you (through one of the above means) and discuss what it is that you require. We can discuss your current administration process and establish how we can help. If you have any existing paperwork that you would like to use as templates for your new software, this would be the time to discuss that. These meetings can usually take between 30 minutes to a few hours, depending on the extent of the software you require. If you have any other staff that may need to input in this process, it would be handy to have them available.
4. We will leave once we have the information of what you require. We will then submit a quotation to develop your very own bespoke software package. The quote will usually be broken up into two or three amounts. There will be a deposit, and a final payment (on completion), and for larger jobs there may be an amount due mid-process. It is difficult to give an idea of the total price as we cover a large spectrum of possible software, however prices usually range between £300.00 (sometimes less, if we don’t have to meet) and £6500.00 exc VAT, depending on what you require. To give you an idea, the free spreadsheets will all be at the lower end of this price range; our average price for a fairly complicated spreadsheet is between £1000.00 and £2500.00. We prefer to work to a budget, and we do like to make sure that you get your money’s worth, so please let us know if you have a budget in mind. We are not just selling a set product, so we can work within a (reasonable) budget.
5. At this point you will need to accept the quote. If you reject it, the process ends, and no invoices will be billed (unless a visitation fee was pre-arranged as in point 2). If you accept our quotation, then we will issue a deposit invoice and commence with the project as stipulated in the quotation submitted. We will contact you (or a representative) on a regular basis, to make sure that we are capturing exactly what you require in your software. The frequency of this contact will depend on the complexity of the project. Projects can take from a few days to a few months to complete. Again, it all depends on what you require.
I hope that this has answered some of your questions and that it has made you more comfortable with our process. Please do feel welcome to contact us should you have any further questions. Remember we also provide bespoke Excel training so, instead of us telling you what we will teach you and then charge you up to £600.00 per day, we let you tell us what you wish to learn and then we’ll come in and teach you what you require. We charge £450.00 per day plus VAT and travel costs. (Travel costs within London zones 1 – 6 is the price of a day travel card).
Spreadsheet Solutions is made up of a husband and wife team, who have each picked up unique skills over the years, and have now joined forces to provide solutions for businesses like yours. Take a look below to see how we can help you.
What Richard can do for you
- Chat with you about how spreadsheets can help your business.
- Advise on the right spreadsheet solution to meet your needs.
- Create custom spreadsheets to achieve the right results for you.
- Team up with other professionals to bring you a more holistic solution.
- Use vast business experience and knowledge of Excel to help you.
Strengths & Skills
What Wendy can do for you
- Provide a virtual assistance for all of your Excel requirements.
- Use spreadsheets which Richard has created specifically for you.
- Use custom spreadsheets to provide reports and analysis of your data.
- Data collection, capture, and consolidation.
- Type, proofread, and correct Word documents.
Strengths & Skills